-->

Friday, October 2, 2009




MixPod.com

Nice song. Quite different from her usual dance-pop songs. Btw, an interesting fact- her piano is bulletproof.

Hokay, my right eye's still swollen and I cant see a doctor.
Why, cos in London, you cant just walk into a clinic and queue up. First you need to register which involves filling up a form and posting it, and it then takes another 48 hours for your name and details to be in the system before you can actually book an appointment. And because I'm always procrastinating, the form which I've filled up and supposed to post, is still sitting in my bag since last year haha. Yes, God has blessed with good health ever since I came to London. But anyhows, my point is I wont be able to visit the doctor until lik, next weekend ?? Thats just stupid lah. Thank God for internet k. After much googling on "How to self treat swollen eye/eyelid", heres what I've found.

It's a bacterial infection (not an allergy cos it's only on one of my eyelid. Common sense sorta). Apparently, the bacteria involved are called ‘Staphylococcus aureus’ & my condition is called a ‘STYE’.
Yknw, like pig sty sty.

So what exactly is a Stye ?

| A bacterial infection/ inflammation of part of the eyelid that happens more amongst kids than adults (I've had it a few times already.. meaning, I'm still a kid! HA)

| Symptoms : swollen eyelid, redness at edge of eyelid, the affected area is painful and tender (esp when I blink or.. wink haha)

| A child who had it before, is prone to having it again (See, I'm a child)

& How do you treat it ?

| Bathing the eye with warm water and cotton wool; Warm compresses, a few times a day (which I've been doing actually, am I a natural doc or what hahaha)

| The above can help the stye to come to a 'head', and the pus to discharge (I've checked and yes, I've got a 'head' already). Never squeeze the bump / pus though! (which I almost did..)

| Lastly, no eye-rubbing and wash hands regularly

So I guess my eye's already recovering.
& Nah, I dint compile the information.

No comments:

Post a Comment