-->

Monday, April 19, 2010

LOST ?



-

I finished reading The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster last night. It turned out to be a children's book. It's marked 'J', meaning Junior. I felt alil silly carrying it ard London, but Mike Myers once said that silly is you in a natural state, and serious is something you have to do until you can get silly again, soo..

I read aloud a few passages from the book to Benj, Jerlene and Jiayi aft church cos they were wondering what in the world am I doing reading a children's book, after which Jerlene exclaimed I cant believe this book's out there masquerading as a children's book. I cant agree more.

"Are we lost?"

"My, my, I know one thing for certain; it's much harder to tell whether you are lost than whether you were lost, for, on many occasions, where you're going is exactly where you are. On the other hand, you often find that where you've been is not at all where you should have gone, and, since it's much more difficult to find your way back from somewhere you've never left, I suggest you go there immediately and then decide."


Very thought stimulating indeed.
I told Jiayi it'd certainly make a good movie. Somewhat like Alice in Wonderland. Then I googled it last night and realised they did make an animation film in 1971.

Anyhows, I'm currently reading Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer, and so far it made me laugh giggled in my room, on the bus, at the bus stop, in class.. And even though I've only read 68pages into it, I'd recommend it (:

No comments:

Post a Comment