-->

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

COL 1:15-20



People travel to wonder at the height of mountains, at the huge waves of the sea, at the long courses of rivers, at the vast compass of the ocean, at the circular motion of the stars; and they pass by themselves without wondering.

/St Augustine

-

Service on Sunday and Lifegroup today had me watching the whole Louis Giglio's How Great is Our God sermon agn. Incidentally, the project I'm working on now is about space, galaxies and stars. I've posted it before; you can watch it here. & No matter how many times I've watched and listened to it, I still get blown away. It's just amazing.

Apparently, here's how the center of a blackhole looks like (taken by the Hubble telescope):



And it's not just the part about the whole universe which blows me away. But also the very fact that in each of us, there's a protein molecule called the Laminin. Which, according to Wiki, "are major proteins in the basal lamina (formerly improperly called "basement membrane"), a protein network foundation for most cells and organs. The laminins are an important and biologically active part of the basal lamina, influencing cell differentiation, migration, adhesion as well as phenotype and survival." To put it simply, it's the glue of the human body.

And here's how a Laminin looks like:




Coincidence, much ?
Mayb I'm biased, but I think not.

No comments:

Post a Comment