-->

Saturday, February 27, 2010



What I find important in a relationship: Friendship, because it's wonderful to imagine how you love somebody so much you can actually stand being his friend. Not that friends are more, or less, but a lover who is also a friend means I can come clean. It's not about the romantic intrigue we try to keep burning. I don't think I'm a person of value or virtues- they're useless because love is lawless and lovers are blameless people. You don't get more love because you're a better person. Who is better than who? Who decides anyway? You don't always love the one good for you. No matter what you do, he might still never love you back. So accept it. There's no use breaking your heart against a word like trust, unless trust means the same thing to both people.

There's no such thing as forgive and forget. Unless he's someone you can forget, you never (really) forgive. And it's not hate or anger. It's just hurt, and what do you do about that? I don't need you to stand by me when I'm right. Come bury the body with me when I do wrong. No questions asked. Surely there are more important things than being right.

I want someone who gets me. You know where I'm coming from. When we speak one language of love, hearts sing... and we can sing of anything. And that's about the only real thing we have together.

/To Know Where I'm Coming From, Johann S. Lee

-

Oh wow, Friday has ended and my essay draft has only one word - 'Panopticism'. Way to go, Wei Lin.

No comments:

Post a Comment