-->

Thursday, February 18, 2010



Do not think that love in order to be genuine has to be extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired. Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.

/Mother Teresa

-

I was talking to Ivan Ann last week, and he was saying how it's been awhile since he emailed Wayne..

WL: "Oh, same. But I just emailed him four words the other day, 'I miss you Wayne !'"
IA: "Wah"
WL: "Haaa you can email him that too !"
IA: "Thats so gay."

Dont you think we girls have it so much easier ? It's a normal thing for girls to say to each other they miss each other. Or at least, we say it to each other more often than guys do. Between guys, -correct me if I'm wrong- it's a different story. Or mayb it's just Singapore. But I'm just wondering, how do guys know that they're being missed, haha. (Painting makes you think alot.) Cos even for girls to say that to guy friends (not just any guy friends, but our good guy friends of course).. sometimes, we just dont say it yknow. We just dont. It's not the norm. & Even if we do, we say it in a 'eh very long nv see you already, you've been missed!' kind of way.

And I'm not saying you shld go round telling your guy friends you miss them, but I'm referring to other things lik, yknow how it's like in Gossip Girl. Although Blair and Serena always fight (which usually starts cos of misunderstandings, insecurities, one not being there for the other, or one not telling the other her problems..), they'll end up patching things up after talking. And when they talk, it always starts with abit of catfight, before they start to really express how they feel, and how much the friendship really means to each of them. And I'm not sure we do the same heart-to-heart talk thing with guys. What about guys btw guys ?! Haha.

I think that sometimes we forget that even though they're guys and all macho-macho, they still need alil love. We tend to think that just because they're guys and from Mars, they dont need such assurance. But it's not good to just feel it, and not express it. Esp when they most need it. If I'm sick and absent from school for a week, just a msg (however trivial it may seem) saying that I'm missed or a really tight hug or sth would make me very happy. On the other hand, if my friends missed me but dint express it, I might actually start to think that my absence wasnt felt at all and that I've been so insignificant that I've been forgotten. And I'm sure this doesnt just apply to me. Or just to the female gender. Sometimes, we need to express how we feel not to show that we miss them, but to show that they're being missed. Not that we appreciate their friendship, but their friendship's appreciated. We need alil assurance now and then, so why not them ?

Okay, back to painting.

Disclaimer: I dont always use my own advice, so forgive me if I myself am awkward when it comes to expressing my feelings (to both guy and girl friends). You guys shld know I miss and love you without me saying it right ;-D

No comments:

Post a Comment