-->

Friday, January 8, 2010

2010

Taken at Geneva

I still can't believe it's 2010 already.
The first 8 days flew pass just like that :O Anyhows, I ended my 2009 and started my 2010 with a number of Firsts.

| First time sleeping overnight at the airport to catch an early flight.
It was not too bad actually, cos Gatwick turns out to be quite a nice airport with carpeted floor, and seats ideal for sleeping.

| First time conversing in French
Yes, not many times but I did get to practice my french :D !

| First time sledging.
Very exciting and fun, esp when we did it the second time and sledged on the ski slopes ! You can feel yourself flying and all the adrenaline rush.. omgg damn scary haha but awesome.. though I have bruises all over my legs now. Much more tiring than skiing, I feel. The whole route was damn long haha plus, I dint have proper attire and I was literally shaking after the whole thing cos my jeans were frozen which were actually not that bad, but it later melted and I was soaked in icy water.

| First time playing Hearts
With real people. And knowing what I'm doing. All the times I've played with the computer were all random clicks.

| First time playing Categories
Name me banks in the world, literature authors, international treaties, rivers, classic movies, fruits and lingerie brands.

| First time trying Cheese Fondue
With Cognac. Yummy :D unless you hate or you're allergic to cheese..

| First time eating Hungarian Food
I like !! Esp Chicken Paprikash, Beef goulash soup, their desserts.. ahhh their potatoes are awesome !

| First time playing Poker
And I only went bankrupt three times ! Hehehe

| First time playing German Bridge
Yeah, we played alot of card games

| First time having a real snowball fight.
And a really long one. Had my face shoved with snow, hood filled with snow, back covered in snow.. It was girls vs guys, and of course the girls won ! The guys can argue all they want, but we had symbols of the victory okay (a pair of gloves, a cap and scarf) hahaha. And in case you were wondering, this year feb's fight doesnt count because it was super friendly, lasted a maximum of ten minutes and we were more interested in taking pictures than smacking each other with snowballs.

| First time drinking Unicum
Totally not enjoyable at all. DONT EVER DRINK IT.

| First time not shopping while on a trip
Hard to believe, I know. And my budget was just nice.. until my flights were cancelled !#$(%*@)$^()#$(&)

| First time getting my flights cancelled
Enough said.

| First time sleeping on cold hard marble floor
Budapest terminal 2 is not sleep-friendly at all. I hope you'll nv get to experience this.

| First time on a Baboo plane
Which flies with the help of propellers. Two words: Very Noisy.

Overall, my Switz-Hungary trip was a good getaway. But for now, it's Hello to Life again.

I was watching E406 Thanksgiving video a few days ago, and it struck me how much I've missed out while being overseas. How many Firsts the cg has went through and I was not there. It occur to me that as much as I'd love to keep up with whats gng on back home, I can never keep track of every single thing. I can know that a certain person went through this or that, but how much can I really know ? Unless I hear from the person himself what exactly is happening in his life or I was there to experience it with him, most of what I know are the jists and summaries, guesses and hearsays, and what I think I know. I am bound to miss out on certain impt phases of my friends' lives. And I can either give up trying, or accept the fact that I did not have a part to play during that period of time of a friend's life, and be involved agn when time and space permit. We always say 'people come and go', referring 'people' to everyone else but us. Well, I'll be coming into and going away from people's lives more frequently for at least the next two years. But I hope that when I am back, I am truly back. And when I go, I will not be completely gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment