-->

Sunday, January 31, 2010



". . .sometimes one feels freer speaking to a stranger than to people one knows. Why is that?"
“Probably because a stranger sees us the way we are, not as he wishes to think we are."

/The Shadow of Wind, Carlos Ruiz Zafón

-

Ok hello. Dont worry, I'm not gng to talk about the moon (though it was very pwweetty last night too). I'm gng to talk about nail polish, lip balm and eyeliner. HAHA

Okay so.
I bought a set of nail polish from Claire's (it was on sale you see) two days ago. Well, it's not very good. Yes, the colours are pretty. But I applied like three coats before I got THE colour. Plus, it takes ages to dry. Being a klutz I am, the paint keeps getting ruined, so much so that I've to redo it for like three times. And even after that, I still have to do a few damage control here and there. AND. Their special brush for nail art is just.. really not for nail art. Graahh. I shld have just stick to my usual BarryM. BarryM nail polish is very good. Pretty colours, dries fast, and you dont have to apply so many times to get the colour you're supposed to get ! I'm not sure where you can get from in Singapore.. but well, uhm they sell it at Topshop here.

Lip balm.
I know people in Singapore probably wont face a serious problem of cracked lips but if you happen to be one of those unlucky ones, Carmex is really good ! I dont know if they sell it in Singapore though. But a good alternative is Nivea's (:

Eyeliner.
More specifically, liquid eyeliner. A good one wld be New Look's ! I know there's a New Look now at Singapore's Orchard Ion, but I'm not sure if they have their makeup range there.. do tell me if you know (: Anyhows, mine finished a while back, so I thought I'll just try the one at BarryM's (I mean, since their nail polish is qte good, their eyeliner cant be that bad right). I've been using it since I came back from my trip, and I'm still not used to it. Its brush is more like a pencil.. just that you dont have to sharpen it haha. But I feel like I'm poking my eye sometimes haa. And when that happens, I'll blink and zomgg smudge ! But okay, I'm getting the hang of it already. Though I still prefer New Look's..

Okay I think you might be thinking uhmm. I thought you werent supposed to be shoppinggg as part of your nyresolution ? So I'm gng to be more specific in two of my nyresolutions (for accountability's sake haha):

# No more shopping till at least Summer 2010
# And thereafter, strictly no more than one item per month

| Summer 2010= June 2010; meaning, I can start shopping from July onwards !

| Things I need doesnt count. And things I need includes things to keep me warm from winter (eg. Socks [those over-the-knee ones]), things I need to counter the effects of winter (eg. moisturiser blahblah)..

| Okay so. I bought a set of nail polish. But I'd to reward myself after my crit right ? Okay fine. The nyresolution has been extended to July k. So shopping starts in August.

| CNY doesnt count. I mean, who doesnt get new clothes for CNY ? And yeah I know I wont be visiting any relatives, so there's no occasion to get new clothes.. but I also wont be getting angbaos, I wont get to eat bak kwa, I wont get to have pineapple tarts/ love letters/ any other CNY goodies, I wont be getting any public holidays; so are you trying to take away the last of my right to celebrate CNY just because I'm overseas ?!!!

| And dont worry, I've set a budget for CNY. 50pounds, which includes transport/ food and whatnots expenses for the day. See, I even set a day to go shopping. ONE day only mmkay.

If you're still trying to be anal about it, I survived on 100pounds for January k. Feel free to feel shock haha, so yes, I think I do deserve to be cut some slack (:

No comments:

Post a Comment